[Nut-upsuser] Additional server eralier shutdown condition

Vladimir I. Umnov umnov at kirov.ertelecom.ru
Fri Feb 2 08:11:00 CET 2007

Rob MacGregor пишет:
> On 1/31/07, Vladimir I. Umnov <umnov at kirov.ertelecom.ru> wrote:
>> Is it possible to shutdown earlier by certain conditions: by battery
>> level and estimated by UPS runtime.
>> In APCUPSD this done by config options "BATTERYLEVEL" "MINUTES".
>
> As specified in the FAQ, see the man page for upssched.
No. It is not true. Documentation says:

Early Shutdowns

One thing that gets requested a lot is early shutdowns in upsmon.  With
upssched, you can now have this functionality.  Just set a timer for some
length of time at ONBATT which will invoke a shutdown command if it elapses.

Just be sure to cancel this timer if you go back ONLINE before then.

This means that NUT with upssched set their own timer. I think this is missing functionality.
I need UPS monitoring software query my UPSes (APC cannot work with many UPSes in native mode,
but can do such query) for current battery level and current estimated run time each 5 seconds.
And if it reaches configured value, take appropriate action.

For now it stops me to choose NUT. May be I wrong and it is possible in NUT???