[Nut-upsuser] Powerware 5110

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 17:57:09 CET 2007

On 2/3/07, Steve Simeonidis <steves at awebd.com.au> wrote:
> I have an FC5 system with a powerware 5110 usb ups.
[...]
> it says it can not find the UPS device on USB Bus....

The port value for many USB drivers is just a placeholder, and does
not refer to the actual USB device path. I would suggest leaving it as
"auto" to avoid confusion later on.

Which version of NUT are you using? Did you compile from source, or
are you using RPMs from FC5?

In the source code, there is a directory called either
scripts/hotplug-ng or scripts/udev. Please follow the instructions
there.

Alternatively, you can test with "-u root" on the driver command line,
but this is less secure.

--
- Charles Lepple