[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite OMNI1000LCD UPS (USB)

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Wed Jan 10 18:31:11 CET 2007

Paul Cooley wrote:

> Hello NUT-UPSUSERS,
>
> I would just like to try and help other and indicate that I was able to use
> the development trunk and get the Tripp Lite OMNI1000LCD UPS (USB) working
> with the newhidups drivers on Gentoo Linux.  The one that is currently
> available at many local Costco stores and online.

Local? Where is that?

> In case others need to replicate, I've attempted to document my steps over
> here.
> http://linuxlore.blogspot.com/2006/12/howto-set-up-nut-on-gentoo-linux-for.html

Thanks, that could be useful also to Gentoo users installing NUT with
different drivers.

> Thanks for all your hard work NUT-DEVs!  Most details appear to work fine.
> One thing I note is that the beeper.off (Disable the UPS beeper) doesn't
> seem to work.  I am willing, with a little guidance, to learn and experiment
> with my setup to figure out what is going on there and submit a fix.

beeper.off will only do something if the beeper has already started to
beep. It does not disable the beeper permanently, but only mutes it
until the alarm would normally stop sounding. Perhaps "beeper.mute"
would be a better name for this command, but we are keeping it for
backward compatibility.

You might (perhaps) be able to disable the beeper permanently with

 upsrw -s ups.beeper.status=1

but many UPS don't support this.

-- Peter