[Nut-upsuser] Client-only Make option?...

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sat Jan 13 21:55:42 CET 2007

Richard Whittaker wrote:

> Well, for a UPS connected client system with network ties to upsd,
> there's no reason to build any of the driver stuff, the only items I'm
> looking for would be upsmon, and possibly upsc, so I thought there might
> be a "configure --client-only" option or something.

That's a rather unusual configuration. Most of the time, people will be
running at least one driver and upsd server, so you'll need to build the
lot at least once. Only when your clients can't run the binaries you
created for your server, this might be of interest, but this doesn't
seem to be that common. But feel free to provide a patch that provides
this functionality.

Best regards, Arjen

PS  Of course there is no reason to *install* the things you don't need,
so the only thing wasted is CPU cycles to compile the code you didn't want.