[Nut-upsuser] NOTIFYCMD not running
clepple at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 05:18:54 CET 2007
On 1/17/07, Michelle Dupuis <support at ocg.ca> wrote:
> I changed the line to:
> NOTIFYCMD "logger 'upsmon: test running notify command'"
> But my simulated powerfailure has the same results:
> Jan 17 22:50:21 vmhost2 upsmon: UPS upsmasonville at localhost on battery
> Jan 17 22:50:21 vmhost2 wall: wall: user nutmon broadcasted 1 lines
> (40 chars)
> Jan 17 22:50:21 vmhost2 logger: UPS upsmasonville at localhost on battery
Not quite the same results - now you have some output from "logger".
In order to debug this, the results need to be consistent and repeatable.
Some questions to narrow things down:
* What version of NUT are you running?
* What kind of system are you running?
* What do the permissions look like on files in /etc/ups or /etc/nut?
(this can cause problems when reloading configuration files)
* How did you reload the upsmon.conf configuration file?
* Are you sure that you get the same results when you run the "logger"
command by hand?
Based on your latest config file excerpt, this is the command line
that should get passed to /bin/sh (via the system() C library call):
logger 'upsmon: test running notify command' "UPS
upsmasonville at localhost on battery"
- Charles Lepple
More information about the Nut-upsuser