[Nut-upsuser] Nut with Powercom iCute ICT-530U (USB)

Dominik Gora;czkowski dominik.goraczkowski at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 23:21:01 CET 2007

Yup, this is a bad news, as I get this horrible message:
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.5
Network UPS Tools: 0.28 USB communication driver 0.28 - core 0.30 (2.0.5)

No matching HID UPS found
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

Is there a chance, that the serial-over-usb Powercom UPS will be
supported in the near future? Or maybe there is a way to mount it as a
serial port and use standard powercom drivers? I am not nearly as good
programmer to write my own driver :|

Dominik Goraczkowski

Peter Selinger napisa?(a):
> The line "Product=USB to Serial" is bad news. It means that your
> device cannot be supported by newhidups / usbhid-ups (which is a
> native USB driver).
>
> I don't think any of our other drivers currently supports Powercom
> serial-over-usb devices.
>
> -- Peter
>
> Dominik_Gora;czkowski wrote:
>
>> Hello Peter!
>>
>> Well, my /proc/usb/devices says:
>>
>> T: Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=01 Cnt=02 Dev#= 3 Spd=1.5 MxCh= 0
>> D: Ver= 1.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
>> P: Vendor=0d9f ProdID=0002 Rev= 0.00
>> S: Manufacturer=POWERCOM CO., LTD.
>> S: Product=USB to Serial
>> C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=100mA
>> I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=03(HID ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hid
>> E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 8 Ivl=10ms
>> E: Ad=02(O) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 8 Ivl=10ms
>>
>> And the manufacturer's UPS monitor (not working though) says:
>>
>> Copyright(c) Powercom Co., Ltd., all rights reserved.
>> UPSMON_USB V0.9 program start!
>> UPSMON_USB: The UPS USB serial port use (null).
>> UPSMON_USB: Ac Fail count down is seted 30 seconds.
>> UPSMON_USB: UPS shutdown delay time is seted 1 minutes and 30 seconds.
>> hiddev driver version is 1.0.4
>> HID: vendor 0xd9f product 0x2 version 0x0 applications [1]: ffa00001
>> HID: bus: 1 devnum: 3 ifnum: 0
>> UPS HID device name: "POWERCOM CO., LTD. USB to Serial"
>>
>> Is anything of this looking familiar? I haven't got any reply from the
>> manufacturer, so nut is probably my only option of making this UPS
>> working under Linux.
>> I'll try the new hid driver - from what I red, I need to compile the
>> project with special options to bulid USB drivers and have usbtools
>> installed already on my system, is this correct?
>>
>> Dominik Goraczkowski
>>
>> P.S. I've tried to set all options to sent this message encoded
>> correctly this time.
>>
>> Peter Selinger napisa?(a):
>>
>>> Hi Dominik,
>>>
>>> no, I don't think I have seen this device before. What is its
>>> USB manufacturer and product ID (lsusb or usbview should show this, as
>>> does the newhidups driver).
>>>
>>> If it is a HID device, then it should not be very difficult to support
>>> it in NUT, if it isn't already compatible.
>>>
>>> Try the newhidups driver (called usbhid-ups in the newest SVN sources,
>>> newhidups in the 2.0.5 release). If it doesn't recognize the device
>>> ("no matching devices found..."), try with -u root. If this doesn't
>>> work, try the -x explore and -x productid=XXXX options and send the
>>> resulting debug output.
>>>
>>> -- Peter
>>>
>>> P.S. could you please set your email program to encode text as plain
>>> text or quoted printable, rather than base64? I use an ancient mail
>>> reader and it shows your email like this:
>>>
>>> SGkhCgpJcyB0aGVyZSBhbnkgdXNlciBvZiBudXQgaGF2aW5nIHRoaXMgdHlwZSBvZiBVUFM/ICgK
>>> aHR0cDovL3d3dy5wY211cHMuY29tLnR3L3Byb2R1Y3QvaUN1dGUuaHRtbCkKSXQgd29ya3Mgbmlj
>>> ZSB1bmRlciB3aW5kb3dzIGFuZCBhbHNvIGlzIGRldGVjdGVkIHVuZGVyIExpbnV4IGFuZCBpbnN0