[Nut-upsuser] Nut with Powercom iCute ICT-530U (USB)

Dominik Gora;czkowski dominik.goraczkowski at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 22:08:31 CET 2007

Hello Peter!

Well, my /proc/usb/devices says:

T: Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=01 Cnt=02 Dev#= 3 Spd=1.5 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 1.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0d9f ProdID=0002 Rev= 0.00
S: Manufacturer=POWERCOM CO., LTD.
S: Product=USB to Serial
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=100mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=03(HID ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hid
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 8 Ivl=10ms
E: Ad=02(O) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 8 Ivl=10ms

And the manufacturer's UPS monitor (not working though) says:

Copyright(c) Powercom Co., Ltd., all rights reserved.
UPSMON_USB V0.9 program start!
UPSMON_USB: The UPS USB serial port use (null).
UPSMON_USB: Ac Fail count down is seted 30 seconds.
UPSMON_USB: UPS shutdown delay time is seted 1 minutes and 30 seconds.
hiddev driver version is 1.0.4
HID: vendor 0xd9f product 0x2 version 0x0 applications [1]: ffa00001
HID: bus: 1 devnum: 3 ifnum: 0
UPS HID device name: "POWERCOM CO., LTD. USB to Serial"

Is anything of this looking familiar? I haven't got any reply from the
manufacturer, so nut is probably my only option of making this UPS
working under Linux.
I'll try the new hid driver - from what I red, I need to compile the
project with special options to bulid USB drivers and have usbtools
installed already on my system, is this correct?

Dominik Goraczkowski

P.S. I've tried to set all options to sent this message encoded
correctly this time.

Peter Selinger napisa?(a):