[Nut-upsuser] Ablerex 625L USB version

Jon Gough jon.gough at eclipsesystems.com.au
Fri Jan 26 07:35:21 CET 2007

Peter,
    I have just downloaded the latest source tree and installed it.
When I do the explore thing I get the following:

Network UPS Tools: 0.28 USB communication driver 0.28 - core 0.30 (2.1.0)

debug level is '2'
Checking device (FFFF/0000) (001/021)
- VendorID: ffff
- ProductID: 0000
- Manufacturer: UIS Ablerex
- Product: Ablerex USB Interface 049e
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 001
Trying to match device
Device matches
HID descriptor retrieved (Reportlen = 632)
Report descriptor retrieved (Reportlen = 632)
Found HID device
Report Descriptor size = 632
Detected a UPS: UIS Ablerex/Ablerex USB Interface 049e
Using subdriver: EXPLORE HID 0.1
Can't retrieve Report 1 (75): Value too large for defined data type

With this version of the drivers I get told the size of the items it
is complaining about. Do you have any hints?

Regards
    Jon

At 15:06 26/01/2007, Peter Selinger wrote:
>Jon,
>
>there were some threads in December on the nut-upsdev list, with
>subjects such as "megatec over USB". Andrey Lelikov had written a
>patch for a "SVEN Pro+" device, and Alexander I. Gordeev is still
>continuing to work on it to support his "Krauler" device. But as far
>as I know, this has not yet been tested much, and Alexander is still
>working on it (see his most recent post on January 23).
>
>Last time I took inventory, here is the list of devices that *may* use
>a similar protocol (dubbed "megatec-over-USB"):
>
>* Krauler UP-M500VA (see Alexander I. Gordeev's thread on nut-upsdev,
>   November 2006)
>* Ablerex 625L (see Lau Kim Ping's thread on nut-upsuser, October
>   2006)
>* Atlantis-Land S1501 (made by Ablerex) (see ngpost1's threads on
>   nut-upsuser and nut-upsdev, December 2005)
>* Belkin F6H500ukUNV (made by MEC?) (see the thread by meherenow,
>   spamwhole, and Robert Kent on nut-upsdev, September 2006)
>* SVEN Pro+ USB (see Andrey Lelikov's posts on nut-upsdev, starting
>   December 2006)
>
>I don't have any further information at this point, but you could get
>in touch with Alexander to see if he has a tryable version of Andrey's
>patch, or you could try Andrey's patch (which was posted on the
>mailing list) directly.
>
>-- Peter
>

>Jon Gough wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >      Is there any further information on this UPS interface? I have
> > an Upsonic UPS that is reporting the same interface, but I cannot
> > make it work or get any sensible information from it.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jon
> >

> > ---
> > avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
> > Virus Database (VPS): 000706-2, 25/01/2007
> > Tested on: 26/01/2007 11:00:14 AM
> > avast! is copyright (c) 2000-2007 ALWIL Software.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000706-2, 25/01/2007
Tested on: 26/01/2007 5:35:25 PM