[Nut-upsuser] "no longer stale" when disconnected with 2.0.5

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sun Jan 28 16:47:53 CET 2007

Peter Selinger wrote:

> If I understood Markus correctly, the problem is not that the data
> goes stale (it should do that when disconnecting the UPS
> communications line), but that it goes unstale immediately afterwards
> (even when the UPS is still disconnected).
>
> This shouldn't really happen. Maybe some debugging is needed.
>
> Markus: the function that decides whether your UPS is stale or not is
> server/sstate.c:sstate_dead(). Perhaps you can insert some debugging
> statements to figure out what this function returns and why.

In retrospect, that is a good idea. We've seen more problems in the past
with this (repetitive stale/not stale reports from upsd), so we'd better
put this in the code ourselves.

Markus, could you checkout the latest code from the SVN trunk and run
upsd with -DDDDD to see what is happening?

Best regards, Arjen