[Nut-upsuser] "Communications lost" temporarily at every startup

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Jul 26 19:26:27 UTC 2007

Paul Mogren wrote:

> Sorry, I forgot to CC the list.
>
> --- Paul Mogren <fkamogee at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>> Which version of NUT is this? This shouldn't
>> happen
>>> anymore with nut-2.2.0.
>> I'm using a SUSE-managed package which is based on
>> nut-2.0.4. I didn't find a 2.2 RPM for SUSE, so I
>> guess I'd have to compile from source.

Since you're using nut-2.0.4, I assume you have openSUSE 10.2 installed,
right? In that case, I keep packaged RPM versions handy. Just drop me a
line if you need one (the latest stable and/or development versions).

>> Is there any workaround for 2.0.4?

You might add a delay between the startup of the driver and the server,
but this is not recommended. Since openSUSE uses RPM, changes to the
startup script won't stick between updates. Note that this a temporary
and cosmetic thing only. NUT functions normally. If you really want to
get of this, upgrade.

Best regards, Arjen