[Nut-upsuser] Can not find the Belkin F6H375-USB

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 18:45:26 UTC 2007

On 6/3/07, dcw <dwoody1 at charter.net> wrote:
> I have changed over to CentOS5 on some of our computers. I had been using
> Mandriva 2006 and the nut software worked using:
>
> driver = newhidups
> port = auto

Did you set up udev (or hotplug) to change ownership of the USB node
for the UPS (probably under either /proc/bus/usb or /dev/bus/usb)? See
scripts/udev or scripts/hotplug as appropriate.

Are you installing from source or RPMs?

> Using the same version of nut with the same config files on CentOS5, I get the
> following error output from 'upsdrvctl':
>
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.4
> Network UPS Tools: New USB/HID UPS driver 0.28 (2.0.4)
>
> No matching USB/HID UPS found
> Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

If the udev/hotplug idea doesn't work, try starting the driver
manually to see what the error is:

/path/to/newhidups -a <name-of-ups> -DD

--
- Charles Lepple