[Nut-upsuser] Can not find the Belkin F6H375-USB

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 22:33:21 UTC 2007

On 6/3/07, dcw <dwoody1 at charter.net> wrote:
> [...]

ah, I read that as "same config files as on CentOS5". Sorry.

> > The command '[root]->l /proc/bus/usb/001' displays:
> >
> > total 0
> > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 43 May 28 07:26 001
> > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 57 May 28 07:26 003
> > -rw-r--r-- 1 ups ups 52 Jun  3 14:22 005
> >
> > The last entry appears to be the UPS as that is the time I un-pluged and
> > re-pluged the ups.

The udev (hotplug-ng) files should fix this. You probably know better
than I do which versions of RHEL and Fedora this release of CentOS is
closest to, and I know we've had a few discussions about this on the
lists.

> This particular Belkin device (050d/0375) is not (or perhaps not yet)
> supported by newhidups. Try running the driver with the '-x productid=0375'
> option. Please report your results to the NUT developer's mailing list.

This is a safety net so that we don't try to send UPS commands to a
non-UPS Belkin device. You can either add "-x productid=0375" to the
command line, or add "productid=0375" to the ups.conf section for this
ups.

Since you said this worked under 2.0.4 on Mandriva, I will suggest
that this product ID be added to the driver for the next release. (The
2.0.4 Belkin HID driver apparently didn't check the VID at all, just
the PID.)

--
- Charles Lepple