[Nut-upsuser] osx packages?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 11:18:31 UTC 2007

On 6/5/07, Valentijn Sessink <v.sessink at openoffice.nl> wrote:
> Does anyone have any tips for me? Is there a better way of handling
> this? There's no precompiled OSX packages on the networkupstools home
> page and Fink also only lists source packages. What should I do?

Among other things, there is no standard uninstall functionality for
OS X packages. Also, we do not have quite the level of OS X
integration that people would expect from an Apple Installer .pkg file
(system control panel, or any other GUI element, for that matter).

As for Fink, making the package .info files work on 10.3 is probably
not a big deal. I don't have a 10.3 system to test with, so usually
stuff doesn't get backported unless I have someone lined up to test
it.

Binaries are automatically built here from the unstable tree:

http://fink.sodan.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp/item/14

One of the advantages of the Fink package validation process is that
we ensure that nothing gets installed outside of /sw. For cleaning
things up, all you have to do is either delete the package in Fink
("fink remove nut") or delete the entire /sw directory.

--
- Charles Lepple