[Nut-upsuser] APCsmart serial port problem

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Jun 5 15:33:31 UTC 2007

> update_status: ser_send_char failed: Input/output error
> dstate_init: sock /var/state/ups/myups open on fd 5
> smartmode: ser_send_char failed: Input/output error
> Communications with UPS lost - check cabling
> smartmode: ser_send_char failed: Input/output error
> Communications with UPS lost - check cabling
> smartmode: ser_send_char failed: Input/output error
> Communications with UPS lost - check cabling
> smartmode: ser_send_char failed: Input/output error
> Communications with UPS lost - check cabling
> smartmode: ser_send_char failed: Input/output error
> ^C

This looks more like a hardware/interrupt problem to me. Do you have the
chance to test this on a different port (or even machine) and checkout the
results?

You also wrote you had problems with this UPS and the software APC
provided. Can you elaborate on that? Did this UPS ever work correctly?

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands