[Nut-upsuser] false alerts/shutdown

Stijn De Doncker sdd at schaubroeck.be
Mon Jun 18 14:45:25 UTC 2007

Hi,

My colleague asked me to mail this info.
It seems the problem only occures when using the usb interface.

With the usb interface:
***********************
[root at testserver /var/log]# /usr/local/ups/bin/upsc
usb-mge-evolution at localhost
battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 20
battery.charge.restart: 0
battery.runtime: 1200
battery.type: PbAc
battery.voltage: 13.0
driver.name: newhidups
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.parameter.productid: ffff
driver.parameter.vendorid: 0463
driver.version: 2.0.5
driver.version.data: MGE HID 1.0
driver.version.internal: 0.30
input.frequency: 50.0
input.transfer.boost.low: 184.0
input.transfer.high: 294.0
input.transfer.low: 160.0
input.transfer.trim.high: 265.0
input.voltage: 226.0
outlet.0.desc: Main Outlet
outlet.0.id: 0
outlet.0.switchable: no
outlet.1.autoswitch.charge.low: 0
outlet.1.delay.shutdown: 65535
outlet.1.delay.start: 3
outlet.1.desc: PowerShare Outlet 1
outlet.1.id: 1
outlet.1.status: on
outlet.1.switchable: yes
outlet.2.autoswitch.charge.low: 0
outlet.2.delay.shutdown: 65535
outlet.2.delay.start: 6
outlet.2.desc: PowerShare Outlet 2
outlet.2.id: 2
outlet.2.status: on
outlet.2.switchable: yes
output.current: 0.40
output.frequency: 50.0
output.voltage: 226.0
output.voltage.nominal: 24.0
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: -1
ups.delay.start: -1
ups.load: 21
ups.mfr: MGE UPS SYSTEMS
ups.model: Evolution 650
ups.power.nominal: 650
ups.serial: AV0G4602F
ups.status: OL CHRG
ups.test.interval: 604800
ups.test.result: Done and passed

In the log file:
****************

Broadcast message from nutups (Mon Jun 18 12:25:33 2007):

UPS usb-mge-evolution at localhost on battery
Jun 18 12:25:33 testserver upsmon[2872]: UPS usb-mge-evolution at localhost
on battery
Jun 18 12:25:33 testserver wall[361]: wall: user nutups broadcasted 1
lines (44 chars)

Broadcast message from nutups (Mon Jun 18 12:25:43 2007):

UPS usb-mge-evolution at localhost on line power
Jun 18 12:25:43 testserver upsmon[2872]: UPS usb-mge-evolution at localhost
on line power
Jun 18 12:25:43 testserver wall[366]: wall: user nutups broadcasted 1
lines (47 chars)

Broadcast message from nutups (Mon Jun 18 12:26:23 2007):

UPS usb-mge-evolution at localhost on battery
Jun 18 12:26:23 testserver upsmon[2872]: UPS usb-mge-evolution at localhost
on battery
Jun 18 12:26:23 testserver wall[370]: wall: user nutups broadcasted 1
lines (44 chars)

Broadcast message from nutups (Mon Jun 18 12:26:33 2007):

UPS usb-mge-evolution at localhost on line power
Jun 18 12:26:33 testserver upsmon[2872]: UPS usb-mge-evolution at localhost
on line power
Broadcast message from nutups (Mon Jun 18 12:42:18 2007):

UPS usb-mge-evolution at localhost on battery
Jun 18 12:42:18 testserver upsmon[2872]: UPS usb-mge-evolution at localhost
on battery
Jun 18 12:42:18 testserver wall[385]: wall: user nutups broadcasted 1
lines (44 chars)

Broadcast message from nutups (Mon Jun 18 12:42:28 2007):

UPS usb-mge-evolution at localhost on line power
Jun 18 12:42:28 testserver upsmon[2872]: UPS usb-mge-evolution at localhost
on line power
Jun 18 12:42:28 testserver wall[389]: wall: user nutups broadcasted 1
lines (47 chars)
Broadcast message from nutups (Mon Jun 18 12:42:48 2007):

UPS usb-mge-evolution at localhost battery is low

Broadcast message from nutups (Mon Jun 18 12:42:48 2007):

Executing automatic power-fail shutdown

Broadcast message from nutups (Mon Jun 18 12:42:48 2007):

UPS usb-mge-evolution at localhost on battery

Broadcast message from nutups (Mon Jun 18 12:42:48 2007):

Auto logout and shutdown proceeding

With the serial interface:
**************************
[root at testserver ~]# /usr/local/ups/bin/upsc serial-mge-evolution at localhost
battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 20
battery.runtime: 1200
driver.name: mge-shut