[Nut-upsuser] Microdowell (cpsups) driver segfault

Doug Reynolds mav at wastegate.net
Wed Jun 20 20:35:00 UTC 2007

varain at flashmail.com wrote:

>>> Assuming you're coming from version 2.0.5, this will work. It won't be
>>> compatible with earlier versions, since we changed the naming of the
>>> driver sockets. I don't see the advantage of just compiling a driver
>>> though. You'd need to setup the build environment anyway, so you might
>>> just as well compile the rest of the package too.
>
>> I was referring to the powerpanel driver here. Don't expect the cpsups
>> driver to be fixed (ever). Nobody has cared for it in the past two years
>> and we have a more generic driver now, that will deal with all Cyber Power
>> UPSes (text and binary protocol). We will probably drop the cpsups driver
>> from the tree by the time we release nut-2.2.0.
>
>> Best regards, Arjen
>
> The powerpanel driver starts like this:
>
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.5
> Network UPS Tools -  CyberPower text protocol UPS driver 0.12 (2.0.5)
> Warning: This is an experimental driver.
> Some features may not function correctly.
>
> warning: sent "\r", expected "#2\r" but got ""

That is somewhat normal.  Some cyber power systems return the #2, and some don't.

> Detected CYBER POWER 1000VA on /dev/ttyS0
>

> after this it seems to work ok, even if it the numbers reported for input voltage look a little low.
> (205 to 211 in a country where nominal voltage is supposed to be 230). Maybe it's just lousy power.(I have no easy way to verify)

those numbers come directly from the ups itself.  My cyberpower unit displays the correct voltage (I am in the US, we have 120V line power); however, there are probably different versions of the firmware that might not have the correct voltage readings (or your power fluctuates a lot)..