[Nut-upsuser] Microdowell (cpsups) driver segfault

varain at flashmail.com varain at flashmail.com
Fri Jun 22 11:21:45 UTC 2007

Hello Arjen,

Friday, June 22, 2007, 2:05:48 PM, you wrote:

>>> after this it seems to work ok, even if it the numbers reported for
>>> input voltage look a little low.
>>> (205 to 211 in a country where nominal voltage is supposed to be 230).
>>> Maybe it's just lousy power.(I have no easy way to verify)

> I noticed that another (probably unrelated) driver scales the output
> voltage, where a reading (from the UPS) of 208 is displayed as 230V. This
> is probably needed, since the UPS can't output a value higher than 255,
> which is too low for countries that have a nominal mains voltage of 220 to
> 240V.

> Unfortunately, I don't know if we should multiply the value read from the
> UPS by (230/208) or that we should add an offset (230-208).

>> those numbers come directly from the ups itself.  My cyberpower unit
>> displays the correct voltage (I am in the US, we have 120V line power);
>> however, there are probably different versions of the firmware that might
>> not have the correct voltage readings (or your power fluctuates a lot)..

> What I would like to know, is what is read from the UPS. The output of
> 'upsc' can help here.

> Best regards, Arjen

My ups (MicroDowell BP 1000) reports something like this :

battery.capacity: 7
battery.charge: 100.0
battery.charge.low: 20
battery.packs: 2
battery.voltage.nominal: 12
driver.name: powerpanel
driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS0
driver.version: 2.0.5
driver.version.internal: 0.12
input.frequency: 49.9
input.frequency.high: 63
input.frequency.low: 47
input.transfer.high: 272
input.transfer.low: 180
input.voltage: 211
input.voltage.nominal: 230
output.voltage: 211
ups.firmware: 2.107
ups.load: 16
ups.mfr: CYBER POWER
ups.model: 1000VA
ups.power.nominal: 1000
ups.realpower.nominal: 700
ups.serial: 000000000000
ups.status: OL
ups.temperature: 43

but I have no easy way to correlate the numbers reported by the software with real values
(read by a voltmeter or another,known good UPS ).
Would it help to collect the information from upsc over a certain period, without a confirmation of the real values ?

--
Best regards,
 varain                            mailto:varain at flashmail.com