[Nut-upsuser] Microdowell (cpsups) driver segfault

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Jun 22 14:08:29 UTC 2007

> My ups (MicroDowell BP 1000) reports something like this :
>
> battery.capacity: 7
> battery.charge: 100.0
> battery.charge.low: 20
> battery.packs: 2
> battery.voltage.nominal: 12
> driver.name: powerpanel
> driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS0
> driver.version: 2.0.5
> driver.version.internal: 0.12
> input.frequency: 49.9
> input.frequency.high: 63
> input.frequency.low: 47
> input.transfer.high: 272
> input.transfer.low: 180
> input.voltage: 211
> input.voltage.nominal: 230
> output.voltage: 211
> ups.firmware: 2.107
> ups.load: 16
> ups.mfr: CYBER POWER
> ups.model: 1000VA
> ups.power.nominal: 1000
> ups.realpower.nominal: 700
> ups.serial: 000000000000
> ups.status: OL
> ups.temperature: 43
>

> but I have no easy way to correlate the numbers reported by the software
> with real values (read by a voltmeter or another,known good UPS ).

That's unfortunate, but we can probably work around that.

> Would it help to collect the information from upsc over a certain period,
> without a confirmation of the real values ?

No, but what you could do, is pull the input plug and run 'upsc' again.
Normally, one would expect that the output on battery would be equal to
the nominal voltage the UPS was made for ('input.voltage.nominal'). I know
this is a string value read from the UPS, so there is no conversion
involved. So we can expect the output voltage on battery to be 230V and
see what 'output.voltage' is. This should give an idea how much off it is.

Best regards, Arjen