[Nut-upsuser] Microdowell (cpsups) driver segfault

varain at flashmail.com varain at flashmail.com
Mon Jun 25 05:36:58 UTC 2007

Hello Arjen,

Sunday, June 24, 2007, 8:44:04 PM, you wrote:

>>> What I would like to know, is what is read from the UPS. The output of
>>> 'upsc' can help here.
>> Let me know if you need any other data.  IIRC, it sends that info back
>> everytime the ups is polled.

> I meant the readings from the UPS Varain has, to see if the reading of
> 'output.voltage' when on battery is approximately the same as
> 'input.voltage.nominal'. If they are (almost) the same, this is an
> indication that the input voltage to the UPS is low. If it is around 208V,
> that probably means that we need to convert the values.

> We know the readings from your UPS are close enough, to assume that it
> measures them directly, so we don't need a correction factor and/or
> offset.

> Best regards, Arjen

Well, it might not be what you expected, but I have a new problem :

I did something like this :

# upscmd ups1 at localhost test.battery.start

(some time later... )

# upscmd ups1 at localhost test.battery.stop
(ups1 is the MicroDowell )

there were no messages , but asking for parameters got me this ...
# upsc ups1 at localhost
battery.capacity: 7
battery.charge: 0.0
battery.charge.low: 20
battery.packs: 2
battery.voltage.nominal: 12
driver.name: powerpanel
driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS0
driver.version: 2.0.5
driver.version.internal: 0.12
input.frequency: 0
input.frequency.high: 63
input.frequency.low: 47
input.transfer.high: 272
input.transfer.low: 180
input.voltage: 0
input.voltage.nominal: 230
output.voltage: 0
ups.firmware: 2.107
ups.load: 0
ups.mfr: CYBER POWER
ups.model: 1000VA
ups.power.nominal: 1000
ups.realpower.nominal: 700
ups.serial: 000000000000
ups.status: OFF
ups.temperature: 0

Obviously, the ups is still providing power(it's the only power source for this computer).
I've tried to restart the driver and got this :

Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.5
Network UPS Tools -  CyberPower text protocol UPS driver 0.12 (2.0.5)
Warning: This is an experimental driver.
Some features may not function correctly.

warning: sent "\r", expected "#2\r" but got ""
warning: sent "P4\r", expected "#<something>" but got ""
warning: sent "\r", expected "#2\r" but got ""
warning: sent "P4\r", expected "#<something>" but got ""
warning: sent "\r", expected "#2\r" but got ""
warning: sent "P4\r", expected "#<something>" but got ""
warning: sent "\r", expected "#2\r" but got ""
warning: sent "P4\r", expected "#<something>" but got ""
warning: sent "\r", expected "#2\r" but got ""
warning: sent "P4\r", expected "#<something>" but got ""
Unable to detect a CyberPower text protocol UPS
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

I'm not sure what the problem is ...
as for solving it, the "windows solution" of restarting the whole thing (ups+computer) would probably work,
but it's not pretty ... (not to mention inconvenient , as the system is in a remote site, with no easy access)

--
Best regards,
 varain                            mailto:varain at flashmail.com