[Nut-upsuser] OMNIVS1500XL and FreeBSD

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 03:43:50 CET 2007

On 3/5/07, Charles Sprickman <spork at bway.net> wrote:
> I was also pointed to this for the OS-X side of things:
>
> http://developer.apple.com/hardwaredrivers/download/usbdebug.html

One thing that you can do with USB Prober (included in the download;
doesn't crash my machine) is view the HID descriptor for devices. This
is similar to 'lsusb -vvv' on Linux.

The easiest way is to locate the UPS in the list, and option-click on
the triangle to expand all of the sub-items. If you wouldn't mind
posting the output for your OMNIVS1500XL to the list, that would be
helpful for seeing what is different from the protocol 1001 units.

--
- Charles Lepple