[Nut-upsuser] nut upset after Oops

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 6 18:08:59 CET 2007

Arjen de Korte wrote:
>>> Please start by providing some information. What NUT version are you
>>> using, what driver?
>> The FC6 binary for 2.0.3-2.1.
>> I use the Mustek PowerMust driver with a Sweex UPS.
>
> Before trying anything else, upgrade to nut-2.0.5.

OK, done. (did my own build because FC adds a load of dependencies I
don't need)
I now see:

# service ups start
Starting megatec: Network UPS Tools - Megatec protocol driver 1.5 (2.0.5)
Carlos Rodrigues (c) 2003-2006

Megatec protocol UPS detected.
                                                           [  OK  ]
Starting upsd: Network UPS Tools upsd 2.0.5
Can't connect to UPS [myups] (myups): No such file or directory
                                                           [  OK  ]
Starting UPS monitor (master): Network UPS Tools upsmon 2.0.5
UPS: myups at localhost (master) (power value 1)
Using power down flag file /etc/killpower

                                                           [  OK  ]

Why does upsd complain?
Only the driver name was changed.

Driver starts up OK and detects the ups.
What needs to be tweaked?

Kind regards,
Udo