[Nut-upsuser] Is newhidups driver still in memory just before o/s halt ?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 21:50:19 CET 2007

On 3/22/07, Marc Rechté <marc2 at rechte.fr> wrote:
> Hello Charles,
>
> Thanks for your feedback.
>
> This is Red Hat EL 4.
>
> You seem to be right about the mounted filesystem. This is the last
> lines of halt script:
>
> # Try all file systems other than root and RAM disks, one last time.
> mount |  awk '!/( \/ |^\/dev\/root|^\/dev\/ram| \/proc )/ { print $3 }' | \
>    while read line; do
>      umount -f $line
> done
[...]
> Of course I will not touch this script, but there is a possibility to
> write one's own /sbin/halt.local script. Is not it too late to use the
> usb driver ?

If the USB filesystem is mounted at /dev/bus/usb (as many
distributions seem to do), then you will have to juggle things around.

I don't have any RHEL boxes to test against, but I think it is
/proc/bus/usb on FC6. Not sure if that's an artifact of upgrading from
an earlier FC release, though.

--
- Charles Lepple