[Nut-upsuser] snmp ups Status: Not supported

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Wed Mar 28 19:22:10 CET 2007

Hi Massimo,

ons 2007-03-28 klockan 16:36 +0200 skrev Massimo Martinelli:
> Hi
>
> I set up my ups with driver snmp-ups, and it get recognized as a AEC T2003.
> In the nut-cgi upstats page input/output/load are displayed corectly, but the
> Status field is marked as "Not supported".
>
> Is "Status" important to initiate shutdown in case of low battery ? Will my
> server shut down correctly ?

Yes the status is used for shutting down the system. So it would be
needed to make a correct shutdown .
I noticed that you are running version 2.0.4. I think there have been
some changes made to the snmp in 2.0.5 so if you could upgrade and test
if it reports status.

I'm not familiar to the snmp driver but i noticed that there have been
some changes made to the ietf mib for 2.0.5.
But i can't find anything in the changelog.

But Niels Baggesen have made many changes in the trunk. So if the 2.0.5
does not work, You may try the development trunk from svn.

Regards
Kjell