[Nut-upsuser] powermust usb

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 11:30:11 UTC 2007

--- Carlos Rodrigues <carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt>

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2006-April/000816.html

> > Must I abandon hope of controlling this UPS via
> USB
> > with NUT?
>
> In the development branch there's a "megatec_usb"
> driver that may
> support your UPS. If it doesn't, maybe it is
> possible to add support
> for it.

Thanks Carlos. I tried the megatec_usb but got the
following:

# ./upsdrvctl -DDDDD start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.1.0
Starting UPS: powermust-ups
exec: /lib/nut/megatec_usb -a powermust-ups
Network UPS Tools 2.1.0 - Megatec protocol driver
1.5.2 [megatec_usb]
Carlos Rodrigues (c) 2003-2007

Serial-over-USB transport layer for Megatec protocol
driver [megatec_usb]

Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

---
The UPS also has a serial port so I'm now also
connected via an RS-232. However, I was hoping to free
the serial port on the server for other uses (such as
Hylafax).
Is there a way to further debug this? (eg. details of
why the driver fails)