[Nut-upsuser] newhidups/APC: load always 0?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon May 7 23:43:48 UTC 2007

On 5/7/07, Tom Laermans <tom.laermans at luciad.com> wrote:
> I have not tried Windows with PowerChute yet to see if it is reported
> corretly there; other values in the UPS data seem to be correct and
> valid.

It's always good to check and see if it's coming across correctly -
each value in newhidups (usbhid-ups in post-2.0.5) comes from a table,
and elements in that table may not all be supported the same way by
all HID UPSes.

You can also try starting the driver manually with debugging output
enabled. Check to see the parameters passed to newhidups (e.g. "ps
auxww|grep newhidups"). Then, stop the old driver, and add "-DD" to
the parameters passed in by your startup script.

There will be a good quantity of debug information. Let it run for
about a minute or two, and see if you can't pick out the load value.
Then gzip and send your log to the list, and we can try to figure out
where the problem lies.

--
- Charles Lepple