[Nut-upsuser] Powerware Prestige 1000VA

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Sun May 20 02:06:10 UTC 2007

nut at deltabbs.org wrote:

> Hi, Kjell,
>
> Kjell Claesson wrote:
> > Can you upgrade to 2.0.5, or any better if you can use the svn trunk.
>
> Thanks very much for your pointer. I'm currently trying to compile but
> it appears to be broken on my Debian (stable) system.
>
> The issue here is that the configure script appears to assume that both
> libgd and libXpm will be in the same place, but here libgd is indeed in
> /usr/lib, but libXpm is in /usr/X11R6/lib. I know how to fix that in a
> plain makefile (adding -L/usr/X11R6/lib just before -lXpm) but I'm not
> very good on autoconf stuff.

Dear Steve,

"./configure --help" is all you need to know, because this shows:

  --with-gd-libs=FLAGS    linker flags for the gd library

So you can put whatever linker flags you need in there.

However, I agree that it would be better if autoconf handled this
automatically in all known cases. The corresponding test is in
m4/nut_check_libgd.m4.  On my system, gdlib-config is not installed,
and therefore, NUT uses the default flags, which are

LDFLAGS="-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgd -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lfreetype -lm -lXpm -lX11"

and should work for you. Probably the problem is that gdlib-config
outputs something wrong or incomplete on your system. Maybe we need a
separate test for libXpm.

What is the output of the following on your system?

 gdlib-config --version
 gdlib-config --ldflags
 gdlib-config --includes

Does this include flags for libXpm, or is there a similar but separate
mechanism for determining libXpm flags?

Thanks, -- Peter