[Nut-upsuser] upsd does not strt up

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon May 21 08:37:17 UTC 2007

Zoltan farkas wrote:

> yes IPv6 was enabled,
>
> So I recompiled without ipv6 and now it works.

Somehow that doesn't really surprise me. What is interesting, is why the
IPv4/IPv6 code fails on your system.

> here is the output with ipv6 enabled(latest revision):

Please mention the revision number. At the time of this writing there is
a more recent version already, so I have no idea which one you used.

> # truss ./upsd -DDD

Forget about truss and just post the output of './upsd -DDD'. I have not
seen anybody stepping up to decipher what it means and until then, the
debug output is more informative. Please rerun this with revision >=
r902 again. The truss output is either incomplete or for an older
revision, since the 'setuptcp' *must* show why it failed.

For now, it looks like 'getaddrinfo' on your system is broken. If this
is the case, we probably want to add some autoconf magic to disable IPv6
on similar systems, to make sure that others won't be plagued by the
same problems you're seeing.

Best regards, Arjen