[Nut-upsuser] Belkin F6C1100-UNV

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Tue May 22 23:13:28 UTC 2007

Alexander I. Gordeev <lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su>:
> On Wed, 23 May 2007 02:35:17 +0400, Eric S. Raymond <esr at thyrsus.com> wrote:
>
> > Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca>:
> >> One potential problem is that you are passing the parameters
> >> vendorid=0665 and subdriver=agiler when you start the driver manually,
> >> but you are passing no such parameters to upsdrvctl. You can put them
> >> into your ups.conf:
> >>
> >> [myups]
> >>         driver = megatec_usb
> >>         port = auto
> >> 	vendorid = 0665
> >> 	subdriver = agiler
> >
> > Ah, now that seemed to do the trick.
> >

> This can only be true if you are using an old version of megatec_usb
> binary (before revision 903) because I've added your UPS to the list of
> known devices (drivers/megatec_usb.c:99). It means that you don't have
> to specify these 2 variables.

Well -- maybe in theory.  If you look at my trouble report, you'll see I built
from revision 909.

To eliminate future confusion, I suggest that the driver's banner message
should include the Subversion revision level it was built from.  That way,
if there were pre-903 drivers lurking in my path somewhere, it would be
immediately obvious.