[Nut-upsuser] [Nut-upsdev] Nitram driver and timeout

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Nov 5 20:16:58 UTC 2007

Aurélien Croc wrote:

>> You're not providing a lot of information to work with. If you're not
>> using the latest stable version (nut-2.2.0) and the 'nitram' driver,
>> change that first. If you're already using these, we want to know more
>> about the system you're using and preferably some debug information.
> Sorry, so i'm using the latest nut version (2.2.0) with the nitram
> driver.

Ooops! Apologies, I really should have written 'powerpanel' driver (it
apparently was too late for a coherent answer). The 'nitram' driver was
never really finished by it's author. For the lack of a proper shutdown
function, it should have the 'experimental' flag (I will add that later).

> Its configuration:
> [Nitram]
>          driver = nitram
>          port = /dev/cuad0
>          desc = "Nitram Elite 2005 500VA"
>
> The OS is FreeBSD 6.2 on a i386 machine:
> FreeBSD berkelium.ap2c.org 6.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE #1: Sat Jan
> 27 03:48:30 CET 2007     aurelien at berkelium:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/
> BERKELIUM  i386

You're providing valuable information here, thanks!

> I don't have debug information (i don't know how can i enable them.

You can do this by starting the driver itself through

	<path>/powerpanel -DDD -a Nitram

The first few seconds are the most interesting for now (so that we can
see if the driver needs to retry the detection).

> I just have lots of lines like this in the ups.log:
> 20071105 190903 NA NA NA [NA] NA NA

Never mind those for the moment. Please switch to the 'powerpanel'
driver and check back with us to tell how you get along with that one.

Best regards, Arjen