[Nut-upsuser] PowerWare 9120 via USB?

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 21:46:18 UTC 2007

2007/11/7, Kjell Claesson <kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se>:

> > Does communicating with the UPS demand more of the USB-cables than any
> > other USB-setup (printers etc.)? If so why?

I would have state the EM interferences first for a non shielded cable ;-)

> > I'm running Debian Stable. 2.0.4 is the latest version. My UPS should be
> > usable with this version right?
> >

> Yes it would be usable, but there have been some changes around the error
> handling in the drivers. And some more fixes.
>
> Think Arnaud have made some packages for debian. If ther is someone
> on the list that can point you to this as i'm not into this package handling
> systems as i'm running Gentoo.

add this line to your /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://opensource.mgeops.com/stable/debian binary/

Note that "http://opensource.mgeops.com/stable" provides various
native repositories for Debian/Ubuntu and the like, RedHat/Fedora,
Mandriva and SuSE systems.
It currently offers 2.2.0 packages, along with the latest MGE PSP (3.0.6).

Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com