[Nut-upsuser] PowerWare 9120 via USB?

Tobias Balle-Petersen tbp at kontrapunkt.com
Thu Nov 8 09:52:50 UTC 2007

Hi Kjell.

Kjell Claesson wrote:
>> I have tried two different USB-cables. The one that came with the UPS and
>> another one I had lying around. I have tried both ports on the computer
>> (Apple mac G4).
>>

> Was there any difference in the communication ?

Just checked again. The communication do change. Actually it changes not only when I change cables,
but also almost every time I run the command "upsdrctl -u root start".

After having run the above command a few times, it just stopped working:

Can't claim POWERWARE USB interface
Unable to find POWERWARE UPS device on USB bus

Changing cables makes no difference.

I can se the UPS with lsusb:
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 06da:0002 Phoenixtec Power Co., Ltd
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

PS:
This is all on 2.0.4