[Nut-upsuser] PowerWare 9120 via USB?

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Nov 8 11:57:27 UTC 2007

> I have updated to nut 2.2.0-1 as suggested. Unfortunately I still get the
> same type of errors:
>

> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.2.0-
> Network UPS Tools - BCMXCP UPS driver 0.11 (2.2.0-)
>
> Warning: This is an experimental driver.
> Some features may not function correctly.
>
> Model = PW9120 3000VA
> Firmware = Cont:02.60 Inve:02.60
> Shutdown delay =  120 seconds
> Communications with UPS lost: Receive error (Request command): BLOCK: 17,
> COMMAND: 35!
>
> Communications with UPS lost: Receive error (Request command): COMMAND: 33
>
> RECONNECT USB DEVICE
>
> Communications with UPS lost: Receive error (Request command): COMMAND: 33
>
> RECONNECT USB DEVICE

Have you tried the serial connection?

1) Apparently, this UPS needs to be told only to reply to specific
requests and not send unsollicited status updates. The bcmxcp (serial)
driver supposedly does this, the bcmxcp_usb (USB) doesn't. However, the
UPS remembers the last status, so this might help.

2) We want to be sure that the problem is not in the UPS.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands