[Nut-upsuser] PowerWare 9120 via USB?

Tobias Balle-Petersen tbp at kontrapunkt.com
Thu Nov 8 12:18:50 UTC 2007

Hello Arjen.

Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Have you tried the serial connection?

No, there is no serial port on my machine.

> 1) Apparently, this UPS needs to be told only to reply to specific
> requests and not send unsollicited status updates. The bcmxcp (serial)
> driver supposedly does this, the bcmxcp_usb (USB) doesn't. However, the
> UPS remembers the last status, so this might help.

This is also the impression I got from reading the discussion I linked to in my original post. Since
this was not mentioned, I assumed that was not the issue.

So, if I am able to connect the UPS to a machine using the serial connector, what do I need to do to
disable the sending of unsollicitated status updates?

Thanks,
Tobias