[Nut-upsuser] Incorrect 'low battery' detected with Back-UPS XS 1200 (newhidups)

hanji hanji at uno-code.com
Fri Nov 16 22:10:01 UTC 2007

Hello All

I just discoverd NUT and I'm lovin' it. I was very successful getting
nut to monitor a CyberPower UPS along with having a Linux slave for a
friend of mine. I've come to a snag on my personal system though. I
currently have two Back-UPS XS 1200 APC UPSs, and I'm seeing
notifications of low battery on both units.

Now, both units are not showing 'low battery' on the physical units,
and they are definitely holding a charge. Also, I'm noticing that temp
is 'off'. I was wondering if someone can help me out with this problem.

I'm currently using the newhidups driver. Here is my output from upsc

battery.charge: 1
battery.charge.low: 1
battery.charge.warning: 1
battery.date: 2001/00/00
battery.mfr.date: 1980/00/01
battery.runtime: 1
battery.runtime.low: 1
battery.temperature: -272
battery.type: Back-UPS XS 1200 FW
battery.voltage: 1.0
battery.voltage.nominal: 1.0
driver.name: newhidups
driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS1
driver.version: 2.0.5
driver.version.data: APC/CyberPower HID 0.9
driver.version.internal: 0.30
input.transfer.high: 1
input.transfer.low: 1
input.voltage: 1.0
input.voltage.nominal: 1
output.voltage: 1.0
output.voltage.nominal: 1.0
ups.beeper.status: disabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 1
ups.firmware: 8.g1 .D
ups.firmware.aux: g1
ups.load: 1.0
ups.mfr: American Power Conversion
ups.mfr.date: 1980/00/01
ups.model: Back-UPS XS 1200
ups.power.nominal: 1
ups.serial: JB0548026372
ups.status: OL LB OVER RB BOOST
ups.test.result: Done and passed

Is there a better driver I should be using? Also, I get the same exact
output with both UPSs

Thanks in advance.
hanji