[Nut-upsuser] Mustek Powermust 600VA

Jimmy Jazz Jimmy.Jazz at gmx.net
Wed Nov 21 16:55:30 UTC 2007

Arjen de Korte a écrit :

> We do warn for this in 'docs/nut-hal.txt':
>
> Packaging information
> ---------------------
>
> The HAL support in NUT must currently be packaged separatly (ie in a
> specific nut-hal package) and must conflict with the classic nut packages.
> This is in order to:
> - allow shipping of the HAL support only in the base system, without
> including all the NUT drivers and software,
> - prevent the NUT HAL addons to get an exclusive and automatic access on a
> device, when a user only want to use the USB support with a classic NUT
> installation.
>
> So complain to the person that packaged NUT for you... :-)
>
> Best regards, Arjen

I will follow your advice but i'm not sure the maintainer would agree.
That feature is deactivated in the package itself :)

To get out of trouble, how do i prevent hal to exclusively and
automatically access to the usb port?

I cannot figure out how this works. In my case, i would like to have nut
upsd/upsmon daemon and nut hal working together. I don't always activate
X11 and gnome and still wante to benefit the nut protection.

If you could give me a clue, i would be able to modify the package myself ;)

Thanks for your help,

Jj

--

*My Two Cents Comment** *
"People should have access to the data which you have about them. There