[Nut-upsuser] Mustek Powermust 600VA

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Nov 21 19:58:40 UTC 2007

Jimmy Jazz wrote:

> I will follow your advice but i'm not sure the maintainer would agree.
> That feature is deactivated in the package itself :)

That's OK. If NUT is compiled without HAL support, that's fine too.

> To get out of trouble, how do i prevent hal to exclusively and
> automatically access to the usb port?

I don't understand. You either use the 'classic' NUT or the HAL enabled
one. You can't have both installed at the same time.

> I cannot figure out how this works. In my case, i would like to have nut
> upsd/upsmon daemon and nut hal working together.

See above.

> I don't always activate X11 and gnome and still wante to benefit the nut protection.

Then you must build NUT without HAL support and always run the 'classic'
  NUT. The HAL enabled version is mainly meant for desktop systems to
provide a zero-configuration UPS support. If that's not what you want,
compile NUT without HAL support.

> If you could give me a clue, i would be able to modify the package myself ;)

When building the package, adding '--without-hal' to the configuration
options should do the trick. If you're using RPM (or something like
that) packaging the respective files in a separate package may do the
trick also.

Best regards, Arjen