[Nut-upsuser] Mustek Powermust 600VA

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Nov 21 19:50:45 UTC 2007

Krzysztof Sasiak wrote:

> I modified your config accordingly and now I get the following message:
>
> Serial-over-USB transport layer for Megatec protocol driver
> [megatec_usb]
>
> debug level is '3'
> Checking device (06DA/0003) (002/002)
> - VendorID: 06da
> - ProductID: 0003
> - Manufacturer: unknown
> - Product: unknown
> - Serial Number: unknown
> - Bus: 002
> Trying to match device
> Device matches

OK, as far as 'ups.conf' is concerned, it is working. The driver
attempts to connect to the UPS.

> failed to claim USB device, trying 2 more time(s)...
> detaching kernel driver from USB device...
> failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
> trying again to claim USB device...
> failed to claim USB device, trying 1 more time(s)...
> detaching kernel driver from USB device...
> failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
> trying again to claim USB device...
> failed to claim USB device, trying 0 more time(s)...
> detaching kernel driver from USB device...
> failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
> trying again to claim USB device...

Uh oh, detaching the driver that is already bound to the device seems to
have failed. This is either a permissions problem or your kernel doesn't
support detaching drivers. To diagnose this, try adding the '-u root'
option to the startup of the driver.

> Starting UPS detection process...
> Attempting to detect the UPS...
> Sending "Q1" command...
> Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
> Attempting to detect the UPS...
> Sending "Q1" command...
> Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
> Attempting to detect the UPS...
> Sending "Q1" command...
> Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
> Attempting to detect the UPS...
> Sending "Q1" command...
> Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
> Attempting to detect the UPS...
> Sending "Q1" command...
> Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
> 5 out of 5 detection attempts failed (minimum failures: 2).
> Megatec protocol UPS not detected.
>
> It clearly is trying to communicate so it seems the protocol may be
> unsupported.

You're jumping to conclusions. So far, all I can see is that the driver
cannot bind to the device. That needs to be fixed first, before it can
talk to the UPS.

Best regards, Arjen