[Nut-upsuser] Mustek Powermust 600VA

Krzysztof Sasiak krzsas at o2.pl
Fri Nov 23 22:05:29 UTC 2007

Arjen de Korte <nut+users at de-korte.org> wrote:

> OK, as far as 'ups.conf' is concerned, it is working. The driver
> attempts to connect to the UPS.

[snap]

> Uh oh, detaching the driver that is already bound to the device seems
> to have failed. This is either a permissions problem or your kernel
> doesn't support detaching drivers. To diagnose this, try adding the
> '-u root' option to the startup of the driver.

[snap]

> You're jumping to conclusions. So far, all I can see is that the
> driver cannot bind to the device. That needs to be fixed first,
> before it can talk to the UPS.
>
> Best regards, Arjen

Sorry, for the delay. I had some network problems. I might have sent
a private message by mistake, sorry.

After following your advice, I got this:

Serial-over-USB transport layer for Megatec protocol driver
[megatec_usb]

debug level is '3'
Checking device (06DA/0003) (002/002)
- VendorID: 06da
- ProductID: 0003
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: USB UPS
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 002
Trying to match device
Device matches
failed to claim USB device, trying 2 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
Starting UPS detection process...
Attempting to detect the UPS...
Sending "Q1" command...
"Q1" command successful.
Attempting to detect the UPS...
Sending "Q1" command...
Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
Attempting to detect the UPS...
Sending "Q1" command...
"Q1" command successful.
Attempting to detect the UPS...
Sending "Q1" command...
Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
Attempting to detect the UPS...
Sending "Q1" command...
"Q1" command successful.
2 out of 5 detection attempts failed (minimum failures: 2).
Asking for UPS information ("I" command)...
UPS doesn't return any information about itself.
Megatec protocol UPS detected.
Asking for UPS power ratings ("F" command)...
UPS power ratings: #220.0 002 12.00 50.0
Asking for UPS status ("Q1" command)...
UPS doesn't return any information about its status.
Error reading status from UPS!

Looks like the F command was accepted by the UPS. Is there anything
else I can do to get full support for my device?

--
Best wishes

Krzysztof Sasiak