[Nut-upsuser] debian etch and the Tripplite SU1000RTXL2U

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Nov 23 15:59:51 UTC 2007

>> I believe there has been a regression with respect to nut and the
>> Tripplite SU1000RTXL2U. I can't get recent versions of nut to work with
>> this UPS, either the debian etch package--the host is running debian
>> etch--or a locally compiled version of the latest stable version of nut
>> (2.2.0).
>>
>> I have used this UPS since late in 2003 with nut version 1.4.1, locally
>> built on a slackware system. When I compiled a local version of 1.4.3 on
>> my new debian etch system, I was able to get nut to work with the ups,
>> so it looks like a regression to me.
>>
>> The problem is in the tripplitesu driver. Somewhere after 1.4.3 it
>> becomes apparently incapable of recognizing a Tripplite SU1000RTXL2U.

Thanks for reporting this. Could you post the output of

    <path>/tripplitesu -DDDDD -a <upsname>

both for nut-1.4.3 (working) and nut-2.2.0 (apparently not working)?
Without more information about what is actually going on, the chances of
fixing this are pretty remote.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands