[Nut-upsuser] Nut problems with Centos and Belkin UPS

Richard Chapman rchapman at aardvark.com.au
Sun Nov 25 04:49:50 UTC 2007

Hi Arjen

My apologies fro drifting off topic in the other mailing list...:-)

On the bottom of the Belkin UPS unit - is the model number: F6C120auUNV
The "au" is for Australia I think.
"man belkinunv" states that F6C120-UNV is supported - and I assumed that
the "au" would not prevent this.
I plugged in the USB to gather the information you requested. My
intention was to use the serial connection and probably still is, though
if there is a solution via USB - I would certainly consider it.

I tried "lsusb -W" (as suggested) but this seems an invalid option so I
assume you mean "lsusb -v"
Below is the relevant part of the output from "lsusb -v".

I had a look at the Belkin site recently - and it looks like the model
after mine comes in a couple of flavours - and they provide different
software for these two flavours - but my understanding is that my
(older) model is "single flavour"..:-) I think it is quite possible that
I have a more basic communication problem with my UPS. I am relatively
new to Linux - and may well have done something stupid, or not done
something sensible...:-)

Many thanks for your help Arjen.

Richard.

Bus 004 Device 002: ID 050d:0912 Belkin Components
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               1.10
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0         8
  idVendor           0x050d Belkin Components
  idProduct          0x0912
  bcdDevice            0.01
  iManufacturer           4 Belkin
  iProduct               20 UPS
  iSerial                 0
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           34
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          0
    bmAttributes         0xc0
      Self Powered
    MaxPower               20mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           1
      bInterfaceClass         3 Human Interface Devices
      bInterfaceSubClass      0 No Subclass
      bInterfaceProtocol      0 None
      iInterface              0
        HID Device Descriptor: