[Nut-upsuser] Silence Beeper => Which small UPS's actually support it?

Babstar debian-lists at blueturtles.com
Thu Oct 11 04:13:12 UTC 2007

Hello,
          I'm looking for a UPS that the beeper can be silenced with nut
via ups.beeper.status variable for a HTPC close to bedrooms.

    I have googled extensively and there is not a lot of information
about which UPS's actually support this feature.  There are few
references to UPS's that apparently list ups.beeper.status as being
available, but without actually being software configurable such as:
 http://www.757.org/~joat/wiki/index.php/Linux_and_the_APC500_UPS

One lead is Belkin 650 VA UPS, but I'd like a few more choices.
http://forums.dealmac.com/read.php?1,2019986,2019986

Unfortunately I live in 240v part of the world, so the number of
brands/models available is relatively limited, with APC, Belkin,
CyberPower, HP, KME, OPTI-UPS, Powerware, Upsonic being available.

Could anyone please provide information on any of the above brands of
small UPS's that do _actually_ support permanently switching off the
beeper.

Thanks

--
Babstar