[Nut-upsuser] CyberPower CPS1500AVR (rack mount) options

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Oct 12 15:15:35 UTC 2007

> Thanks for the full response, Arjen. Three quick questions:
>
> - Is the "ups.model" distinctive, or do other 1500's indentify as
> "OP1500"?

I sincerely don't know. I have asked for this on both the user- and
development mailinglists a couple of months ago and the only response I
got was from the co-author of the 'powerpanel' driver. If we don't get
feedback from either the vendor or users, the situation won't change.

> - If not that, what about "ups.temperature"? If my UPS's temperature were
>   really 158C (316F) it would have already failed. So, if UPS temp ==
>   impossible, then use wacky values?

There is no way to conclusively tell a temperature is 'wacky' since the
range of possible values goes from 0..255. So while this may appear to
work in some cases, there is no guarantee that this will always work. We
have seen this kind of assumptions fail in other drivers before.

> - Has anyone got PowerPanel Plus to run under Wine for snooping purposes?

I don't know. I wrote most of this driver based on the sniffed serial
communications from two people (and the result of which is in this driver
now), but so far I have seen nothing for the version of the binary
protocol your UPS seems to use. I don't even have a single CyberPower UPS.

Best regards, Arjen