[Nut-upsuser] CyberPower CPS1500AVR (rack mount) options

Whit Blauvelt nut at transpect.com
Fri Oct 12 15:35:13 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 05:15:35PM +0200, Arjen de Korte wrote:

> I sincerely don't know. I have asked for this on both the user- and
> development mailinglists a couple of months ago and the only response I
> got was from the co-author of the 'powerpanel' driver. If we don't get
> feedback from either the vendor or users, the situation won't change.

You've asked the vendor? They're selling a lot of units through newegg.com,
and have responded to some of the customer reviews there saying they have
more Linux support forthcoming. So at least some of the vendor's staff is
aware that better Linux support => more sales.

A comment from them on Linux is at:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16842102018 - they say
they're developing their own OS version of PowerPanel. Once that comes out,
obviously, the values NUT needs will be public. Would they have any reason
not to go ahead and share those values now?

Regards,
Whit