[Nut-upsuser] nut 2.2.0 doesn't see MGE Elipse 1200 on FreeBSD 6.2

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Tue Oct 16 23:10:48 UTC 2007

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, Charles Lepple wrote:
> On 10/16/07, Dan Rich <drich at employees.org> wrote:
> >  Does anyone have any thoughts as to the magic incantation to get
> > this working?
>
> I believe you need to recompile the kernel to not include the "uhid"
> driver, so that the UPS is available as a ugen device. (In FreeBSD,
> this should not affect the use of a USB HID keyboard or mouse.)

Even so I doubt it will be very reliable :(

I did create a diff that might help but noone tested it (and I don't
have an MGE UPS handy at the moment to test it myself)

Note that while this will still cause data to be dropped it should a)
log the fact, and b) do it in a way that doesn't cause the UPS driver
to get out of sync.

ugen should really be fixed to not use clist buffers but that can wait
for another day :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum