[Nut-upsuser] nut 2.2.0 doesn't see MGE Elipse 1200 on FreeBSD 6.2

Dan Rich drich at employees.org
Thu Oct 18 18:53:07 UTC 2007

I haven't tried the patch yet, but I just found part of the problem,
it's related to the problem that was mentioned on the SUSE thread.  The
FreeBSD port configures nut as user and group uucp.  By default, the
ugen devices are root:operator.  I just added uucp to the operator group
and now it at least sees my MGE!

It looks like I'm getting data, I'll have to unplug the UPS from the
wall tonight and see if the battery starts to show that it is
discharging.  The last time I tried this, it would get the initial data
but never change until the driver was reloaded (not all that useful in
that state).

--
Dan Rich <drich at employees.org> |   http://www.employees.org/~drich/