[Nut-upsuser] usbhid-ups on openSUSE 10.3 does not see MGE Ellipse 1500

Roger Price rprice at cs.uml.edu
Thu Oct 18 12:31:10 UTC 2007

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, Arjen de Korte wrote:

> > Sorry, I should have been clearer.  I replugged the UPS, but still got the
> > same result.  I tried rebooting the system, but still got "No matching HID
> > UPS found"
>
> Can you start the driver in debug mode?
>
> 	/usr/lib/ups/driver/usbhid-ups -DDDDD -a myups

Here is the output from that command.
Best Regards,
Roger

pastis# /usr/lib/ups/driver/usbhid-ups -DDDDD -a myups
Network UPS Tools: 0.28 USB communication driver 0.28 - core 0.30 (2.2.0-)

debug level is '5'
Checking device (0BDA/8187) (005/004)
- VendorID: 0bda
- ProductID: 8187
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: unknown
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 005
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (05E3/0606) (005/003)
- VendorID: 05e3
- ProductID: 0606
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: unknown
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 005
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (0000/0000) (005/001)
- VendorID: 0000
- ProductID: 0000
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: unknown
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 005
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (0000/0000) (004/001)
- VendorID: 0000
- ProductID: 0000
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: unknown
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 004
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (0000/0000) (003/001)
- VendorID: 0000
- ProductID: 0000
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: unknown
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 003
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (0000/0000) (002/001)
- VendorID: 0000
- ProductID: 0000
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: unknown
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 002
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (0463/FFFF) (001/003)
- VendorID: 0463
- ProductID: ffff
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: unknown
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 001
Trying to match device
Device matches
failed to claim USB device, trying 2 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
failed to claim USB device, trying 1 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
failed to claim USB device, trying 0 more time(s)...
detaching kernel driver from USB device...
failed to detach kernel driver from USB device...
trying again to claim USB device...
Unable to get HID descriptor (error sending control message: Operation not
permitted)
i=0, extra[i]=09, extra[i+1]=21
HID descriptor, method 2: (9 bytes) => 09 21 00 01 21 01 22 01 03
HID descriptor retrieved (Reportlen = 769)
Unable to get Report descriptor (-1): Operation not permitted
Checking device (0000/0000) (001/001)
- VendorID: 0000
- ProductID: 0000
- Manufacturer: unknown