[Nut-upsuser] MGE Ellipse 800 shutdown problems - using upsmon NOTIFYCMD

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 11:17:53 UTC 2007

Hi guys,

I'm still away due to the MGE UPS SYSTEMS dismantling, and the
creation of MGE Office Protection Systems
(http://www.mgeops.com/index.php/company/company).

I expect this to stop overloading me in around 2 weeks. So I'll get
back on NUT and the many subjects underway...

But I still follow lightly the ml. BTW, thanks a lot Arjen for your
excellent interim ;-)

2007/10/24, tovis <mailer.tovis at freemail.hu>:
> PS: Arjen de Korte suspected something was wrong around my "heater" load,
> for now I have used two 150W lamps and it cause load 52% in case
> "ONBATTERY". When battery is charged over 95% the nut is working as
> suspected, but after first shutdown - switch up cycle the charge is about
> 86% and sequence does not work (usp shutdown early).

well, this is a know behavior of the old Pulsar Ellipse. When
restarting after a shutoff, the battery level is set to 85 %, even if
the actual level is nearby 0, which was dumb and dangerous.

Newer models (Ellipse, Ellipse Max, Protection Center) now do the right thing...

Arjen already answered to the other points.

Arnaud
Ubuntu Media Center (UMC) Project Leader - https://launchpad.net/~umc-team