[Nut-upsuser] MGE Ellipse 800 shutdown problems

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Oct 26 19:12:50 UTC 2007

Rózsa Gábor wrote:

> Its became more difficult!
> #upsdrvctl shutdown myups    - does not work for me!?
>
> #upsrw -s ups.delay.shutdown=5 -u monmaster -p blah myups    - working
> well, ups switch off after 5 sec of the command:)
>
> #upsdrv -s ups.delay.start=5 -u monmaster -öp blah myups         - also
> working, but it is switch on after about 50 sec:)

Older MGE UPS'es would have a 1 second resolution on the shutdown time
and a 10 second resolution on the startup time, so this is to be expected.

> What to do now? May be change "upsdrvctl shutdown" to "upsrw -s ups ---"
> (it is sounds strange but it is working - at least for me)

That is not a good idea.

>> The protocol your UPS uses is essentially USB-over-serial, so the above is
>> not an option.
>
> I fed up with USB, so many problems ... this was why the protocoll was
> so strange and familiar:(

Please provide more detailed info on your setup. You seem to have
hijacked an existing thread. Maybe because you have similar
hardware/problems, but you didn't tell. Be specific about *your* setup
when asking for questions. If possible, provide excerpts from logfiles
and startup messages. Otherwise we would have to guess what you're
using, which usually doesn't lead to the fastest resolution of a problem.

Best regards, Arjen