[Nut-upsuser] MGE Ellipse 800 shutdown problems

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Oct 31 08:00:18 UTC 2007

> Using "ondelay = 30" in ups.conf I have managed to wait more time after
> the line power is back - other question why this so unreliable:( I have
> measured time at 16 min upto 32 min (ondelay = 30 should give 30x10sec = 5
> min) - but I do not care it is not so important for me.

This is not what 'ondelay' is meant to do. Please checkout 'man 8
mge-shut' for a description of what the function of this is.

> Also using some script to manage start of driver more reliable - I
> experienced  two times that it is failed from about 40 times of restart.

See above. Did you use the suggestion under KNOWN ISSUES?

> I decided this because ups with 2x150W lamps could work with inner limit
> 30% charge work only once, if charge was at least 95%!? Because of the
> communication problems it also could fail on first time . as I experienced
> it frequently happend at around when battery is near to his limit.
>
> After all I will wait for a new, production strong "newmge-shut" driver!

I very much doubt that this is going to solve your problems. If your UPS
can be connected through USB, I would try that first.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands