[Nut-upsuser] APC Back-UPS Pro with NUT 2.2.0

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Wed Sep 5 00:26:36 UTC 2007

Hello,

Upon upgrading to the Debian package of NUT 2.2.0 my APC Back-UPS Pro is no
longer recognized.  Here is the output if I try to run the driver manually:

-----------
# /lib/nut/usbhid-ups -DDD -x vendorid=051d -x productid=0002 -a foxstarups
Network UPS Tools: 0.28 USB communication driver 0.28 - core 0.30 (2.2.0-)

debug level is '3'
No appropriate HID device found
No matching HID UPS found
-----------

The output is the same if I omit vendorid and productid options.  These
numbers are taken from lsusb:

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 051d:0002 American Power Conversion Back-UPS Pro 500/1000/1500

Here is my ups.conf, if needed:

[foxstarups]
        driver = usbhid-ups
        port = auto
        offdelay = 600
        desc = "foxstar UPS"

Is there anything special I must do regarding USB/HID configuration in the
kernel that was not necessary before?  NUT 2.0.5 was working fine.

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Research Assistant, UMass Amherst student
                        Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.